Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me...

It is officially my Birthday! I love Birthdays, especially mine. I don't need a lot of presents or things, but I have to admit that I love when people make a fuss over Birthdays. Life is hard, it is worth celebrating when you make another year. Seriously, have you driven on I-35 lately? Everyday you live after that experience is a miracle! So now I am 33 years old and supposedly a little wiser. Here is what I have learned and a few things I love about my life....

First and foremost GOD IS GOOD!!! He has blessed us so much and always provides for us.

Family is forever...even on the days you think you want to wring their ever lovin' necks.

I love the way my husband walks out of the room and then back in to kiss me again. It always makes me smile no matter what I am doing. All men should do that for their wives.

I love the way that when I am sick Hunter will kiss me on the forehead and take care of me and that when he was younger he truly believed that his kiss healed my migraine...I think a few times it really did.

I love that Morgan is the perfect combination of both me and Wes. I love it when she says Mommy.

I hate telling my kids no and/or disciplining them, but I do it because I love them and want them to have a great life. Staying healthy, dealing with the word no, having self discipline, respect for others, and understanding consequence are some of the best tools I can offer them as a Mother.

A true friend never judges by what you have or how you look...they also never resent you for it. They laugh with you, cry with you, pray with you, make time for you no matter how busy there life is and are worth keeping.
There are a lot of people who just don't know how to be a friend. That isn't a reflection on me, it is on them. I hurt for those people.

Marry someone who you can talk to and that makes you laugh...most of us don't grow old gracefully.

Laughter truly is the best medicine.

Misery loves company.

Kiss you children and tell them that you love them and are proud of them everyday.

2 comments:

Mommaloo said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the day

Life with boys... said...

I love this post! Hope it was fantabulous birthday! Especially with Wes home.