Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Will Give Myself to You...

I have asked God for many things or blessings, better health for people, to mend strained relationships and broken hearts, to help me to honor Him, be a light, and so very much more but occasionally, I feel like something is missing or doesn't click right...like I ask a question and then insert earplugs...or ask him to show me something and then close my eyes. This week I found an old notebook of mine that Hunter had scribbled and colored in while we were out and about. Flipping through I was brought to tears by what I found. Between his pages of "I LOVE YOU MOM" and drawings of cars, Army men and American Flags, I found this:

Feb. 22, 2005 (Hunter was 8 1/2 yrs old)

Dear God, Help me learn more about you. Help me talk with you often and do what's right so I can be close to you.

Hunter

Feb. 23, 2005

Dear Father God, I will sing to you. I will bow down to worship you. But most of all I will give myself to you.

Hunter

Wow, all this time I have been searching for just the right balance of give and take and there it was hidden in the heart of a child. I showed Hunter his young prayers and even he was amazed at what he had written years ago. I even noticed his morning prayer seemed a little more personal on the way to school today. If only we could sincerely offer those sweet words in prayer everyday.

Oct. 21, 2009 (Mom 33~ Hunter 13)

Dear Hunter,

I love you Hunter and I am so very proud of the young man you are becoming. I hope you never forget how to pray from your heart as you did when you were small.

XOXOXOXO,
Mom

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Heather--you have been blessed by a great kid! What a joy!