Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sweet Nibblits!!! Has it been two weeks already?

As usual, I have a million and one things to catch up on. I think I had more free time when I was a single Momma working full time! HA! Just kidding. I am so thankful to be home with my children now but I miss Wesley so much. He was able to come home for Valentine's Day weekend and spend time with us. It was a little frustrating getting him here. That week a flight had gone down and killed everyone on board in New York. That scared me a little. Wes and Hunter both fly pretty regularly. This visit, his flight was delayed for four and a half hours because of fog. It caused us to miss Hunter at baseball practice but better safe than sorry. I was happy to see his smiling face. We were able to make most of Hunter's basketball game and he played really well. There is no better feeling than having all of my family at home. I slept better than I have in months being there in the crook of his arm all safe and sound. As you can tell from the pictures, Morgan enjoyed playing with Daddy too. We all had a great Valentine's weekend. Dinner with friends, sports, just goofing off, seeing some family, and best of all just hanging out together. I wish I had taken a picture of my beautiful tulips with my regular camera so that I could post them on here.

More random updates, this Saturday 2/21, I noticed little tiny white spots on Morgan's red gums! She has just a little of her bottom teeth coming through. It seems that they are going up and down. The one on the bottom right has been here to stay since Monday morning. He is happy for me to rub Ora gel on her little swollen gums. She is a speedy little girl on all fours and loves to play frogger with Hunter. She waits in the hall for him to come walking through and then scrambles across in front of him as fast as she can squealing the whole way. The two of them have a bond that is so beautiful. Hunter is doing great in school. He has been working hard and brought his B in Pre-Ap math back up to an A. We are really proud of him for the effort he is putting into his school work. This week is busy for him. He has been practicing for both baseball and basketball, has his last basketball game, football banquet, TCU basketball game with his team, and hopefully we will be able to go to church too on Sunday. He keeps me hopping, but watching him grow as a young man is worth it. I need to find a youth group he feels comfortable in. One that moves him and touches his heart. I am watching him and see the struggles he has growing into a young man. Trying to find his own self and his own passions and dreams, trying to balance those ideas with God, school, friends, sports, girls, parents, chores, and all the random questions that run through his head. I know it is my job as a Mother to guide him. I also know that it is that same maternal love that knows I have to step back and pray that I have properly equipped him as we know that he also has to find some things and learn some lessons I on his own.

Lord, Please be with my son. Help him to see and feel you with his own heart. Let him know your unconditional love and have the desire to follow you Lord...even when his parents aren't watching. Help my family to find security and physical roots in a place we can all be together while Wes is supporting us. You have never let me down, help me not to worry. I know you have this. I love you Lord. Help me to honor you in my words and actions as a Mother, Wife, Daughter, and Friend...Amen.

No comments: