Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Mush...

I am really tired. I have been staying up until 4 am for more than 7 days in a row and it is getting the best of me. I really want to feel rested and energetic so that I can get more done at home and actually get some real exercise. Not that my Cabin Fever Exercising wasn't real. I truly enjoyed cleaning out my pantry and using the cans as weights...even better was the look on Hunter's face when he saw me. I was able to get more done than I thought I would last week and that always makes me feel better.

James bought Mom tickets to take us girls and our kids to the Stockshow and Rodeo on Friday. It was really nice relaxing and just spending time with family. It was Morgans first rodeo! She wasn't phased at all by all the noise and such. My nieces and nephew were adorable as always and it was great getting the kids together for an afternoon.

So last night we went to a friends to watch the Super Bowl. I am not sure which part was more fun, cooking in the kitchen with Hunter before the party or just hanging out in the kitchen with the girls. I think I needed some grown up time! Hunter seemed to need the guy time too. I am disappointed in myself because I ate horribly (I think a whole bowl of dip on my own!!!) and I let my sailor mouth back out. I am not sure when this week it escaped my lips again, but that filthy sailor girl needs to be captured and silenced again. She is not the Mother or woman that I want to be. I know that I can have a blast, be funny, and hang with my friends with out it. I don't think it bothers anyone else, but it bothers me, and I beat myself up over it. Lord, please forgive me and help me to forgive myself. Help me to be a better example for my children.

Momma gave us four dozen farm fresh eggs from her home so Hunter made his first batch of deviled eggs. They were really good. I don't like eggs but I did taste a little for him to be sure others would like it. I was really proud of him. He also helped make a Ham and Pineapple Dip and the Pineapple Upside Down Cakes. He loved the cake so much he said we should make one every week. Just what i need no my diet! I love him working and learning in the kitchen with me. Morgan wasn't much help as she woke an hour early from her nap and made the kitchen a little busier than we would have liked while playing "Chef" with her big brother.

3 comments:

Mommaloo said...

Love her dress

Those Crazy Scotts said...

I know. I HEART hand-me-downs!!!

Life with boys... said...

What a cute collage of pics of Miss Morgan!