Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Morgan!!!


Our beautiful lil' Princess turned one this week. It amazes me that we have shared our world with her for a whole year already. We all love her so much more than our hearts could imagine. Everyday my children amaze me in different ways. We are so blessed with the two of them.

Between Hunter's school events and baseball games, it has been a crazy couple of weeks leading up to her Birthday. We weren't even sure if we were going to be able to have a party as our schedule was so tight. At the very last minute we were able to pull a great party with wonderful friends and Grammy too! Friends came from near and far to celebrate with us. I made dips, Wesley grilled and the kids ran around playing and trying to act like the big boys. Morgan relished in the glow of all the attention and even put one a show for us when opening her presents. She loved her cake and had to have a bath after the mess she made with the icing. At some point during the party I looked down and Hunter was fallen asleep with her sitting on his back playing with new toys and kids crawling all over him. He is such a great big brother! I guess she does share...only with her Hunna!

I think she is thinking, "Seriously Mom! Pictures while I am eating...again?"

I am always telling myself to write things down as the kids do them so I don't forget when a milestone happens. I know I am forgetting to list a few things but this is a good start to a list of where she is at. Morgan started walking pretty well about a week before she turned one. She was cruising with her toys and the furniture for about four months before she went more than ten steps alone. She is saying, Dada, Momma, Bubba, Hunna (Hunter), Dog, Yes, No, That, Banana, Nana, Good, Love, and I am sure I am forgetting some. While she can wear 18 month clothes and is healthy looking, she can still wear 6-9 months clothes. She loves to splash and swim in the garden tub and even likes the shower. She is still nursing in the early morning and at bed time and sleeps throughout he night most nights. She will eat so many things that we eat but her favorites are cheese, bananas, bread, pasta, Nilla wafers, cheerios, green beans, apple sauce, flour tortillas, guacamole and beans. She has a HUGE appetite. I have never seen a baby eat as much as she does.

2 comments:

Mommaloo said...

I am in love with that first picture of her.

Life with boys... said...

I am so glad that the day went well and the party went off without a hitch. The cake turned out cute and I like the green ;)

Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!