Thursday, November 6, 2008

Daddy's Coming Home!!!

Daddy will be here this weekend! I have missed him so much and can't wait to see him. He gives the best hugs. He is my best friend and I love it when he is home. Morgan has been saying "A, dadadadada" over and over. Know she doesn't know what she is saying, but I still love it for Wes. She has such a personality and has made me laugh quite a bit lately. I put her on the carpet in her room and she tries to swim. She lays there with her big belly on the floor, arms and legs just a swimming, and looks up frustrated after a while because she hasn't made any progress. I laughed out loud which made her get mad and cry. It was so cute. Speaking of her cry, it has changed. It isn't so high pitch and is a lot more pathetic. It just breaks your heart. Hunter actually got tears when he heard it the first time. He loves his baby sister so much. I have to tell him leave her alone all the time because he wants to play with her when she is already happy and content.

As for me, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to get groceries and stuff to make yummy meals for Wes. It was a good trip. Morgan hung out in her sling and I stayed under budget. Most of my favorite staples were on sale so I stocked up. Here is a few shots of my almost full pantry now. I laughed when I looked at it and realized that I really stock up on the things that we eat more often. Notice two of each on the carb shelf. Cans I buy four at a time normally. Compulsive? Nah, just prepared.



Looking at this I obviously have favorites. I almost always buy the same things when I go to the store. When you are grown you will remember, but to get you started here is a list of things we always had. I guess there are certain things each person feels that they have to have in the pantry. Here is a list of my favorite things:
  • Campbell's (in this order-Cream of Mushroom, Tomato, Cream of Chicken, Chicken and Rice, and Chicken and Noodle of course)
  • Stove Top Stuffing
  • Del Monte Cut Green Beans, Whole Kernel Corn, Stewed & Diced Tomatoes & Peaches (not the off brands)
  • Wal-Mart Brand Mandarin Oranges, Apple Sauce, Maraschino Cherries & Pear Slices
  • Dole Pineapple both slices and chunks
  • Wolf Chili, no bean
  • Starkist Tuna in water not oil
  • Chunk White Chicken Wal-mart (most brands will do)
  • Velveeta shells and cheese
  • Lipton Rice
  • Minute Rice or Uncle Ben's Boil in the Bag Rice
  • Kraft Mac n Cheese
  • Shake and Bake
  • Wal-Mart Italian Bread Crumbs
  • Bisquick
  • Betty Crocker Pineapple Upside Down Cake mix
  • French's Onions
  • Kraft Dressings-Tomato Basil Vinaigrette, Catalina, Zesty Italian, misc others
  • Hidden Vally Ranch dressing and seasoning packetts
  • Pepperidge Farm Seasoned Croutons
  • Pasta (whole wheat pene, thin spaghetti, egg noodles, elbow noodles, rotini, and then misc others)
  • Jiffy Peanut Butter, creamy
  • Welch's Grape Jelly
  • Lowery's Seasoning Salt
  • Sugar
  • Pillsbury Flower
  • Hellman's Mayo
  • Heinz Ketsup
  • Frenches Mustard
  • Lipton Tea
  • Mrs. Baird's White Honey Wheat Bread
  • Daisy Sour Cream
  • Yoplait Yogurt
  • Crisco Sticks
  • Anything Pillsbury or Betty Crocker is usually yummy and fattening.
  • Also must haves: olive oil, hamburger meat, frozen boneless chicken breast, 2% milk, eggs, butter, tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce

I feel like I have forgotten something. I hope this list makes you feel at home one day when you do have a place of your own. You can make most of the recipes we eat on a regular basis from this. Of course, in no time at all you will find new yummy things and have a special list all of your own.





1 comment:

Mommaloo said...

Scary! funny...but kinda scary