Monday, November 24, 2008

Over the River and through the Woods....

Well I am still running behind on my updates but I wanted to throw a few in and list some more of the reasons that I am Thankful really quick before Morgan wakes up.

After a long football season we lost our second playoff game. Our team played really hard all season long and could use the time off. Hunter played great as always but needs to work on keeping his head in the game and not letting the refs coach him...or attempt to. The Ref told Hunter he was playing too aggressively and was too rough...It's football, much to my dismay it is supposed to be rough! His hard work payed off as he has been invited to play All Stars. It is an honor for him and a great opportunity to play at a more competitive level. I wanted so badly to be sick of football, but watching Hunter put his whole heart into something right in front of me and the rest of the world was a beautiful thing. It isn't something you physically get to see all the time from your children. He loves it, therefore I love it! He is truly such a funny and challenging kid. Since he is so tall and looks like a young man, people seem to forget that he is still a very insecure little boy who gets his feelings hurt very easily by the people he looks up to. Other peoples words bring him down way faster than I can build his confidence back up. It is really frustrating. Why can't people just see his heart and not him physically when they talk to him? Why do they say things without considering how deeply they will effect him?

On to smaller people...Morgan had her first banana in her cereal on Saturday. She hasn't been eating that much, only a table spoon or so. I though smashing a banana in there would help...basically it just gave me more funny faces to laugh at. I do think she enjoyed eating with me at the table though instead of just watching me shovel my breakfast in. She is really enjoying her bouncy horse. She starts bouncing as soon as you put her in it, unless she is hungry or just wants mommy...then nothing else works (Except Auntie B). She is still trying to crawl. She can get all over the place on her own, but it is still by using her hands like suction cups on the wooden floors. She is a VERY happy baby.

I Am Thankful For:
Wes's job
That Wes will be home this week
Ironed Sheets
AGAIN my children and their smiling faces
Moments with Hunter where he still acts like a child
Bouncy Horses
My time making candles and having girl time with B
My friends
Cameras

So now we are off to my Mom's...I am singing over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go!





No comments: