Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Family Filled Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. We cook great food, you don't have to buy gifts, and people take the time to slow down and simply say, "Thank You". I wish it happened year round. As for our family, we are thankful for our blessings year round.

I pulled out my "original" engagement ring and tried to wear it on my still swollen postpartum fingers. Wes made it for me out of pearl and turquoise colored beads with our initials woven in to the pattern. I still love it even though I have a pretty diamond ring. The thing I love about it the most is that it is a great reminder of who we are as a couple. I fell in love with Wes when he had no money at all, no job, nothing to offer me at all, except his heart, his beautiful heart. There is no material or tangible thing that could ever be better than the way he loves me and our children. I am so thankful for my life as a Mother and a Wife. I am so thankful God finally brought us together and blessed us as he has.

Wes was able to fly home on Thanksgiving and spend the holiday with us. It was so wonderful having the four of us in our home all at the same time. Morgan and I were sick with a bug or touch of food poisoning. Wes did a great job of taking care of us. We spent Thanksgiving day at my Daddy's and Wes's parents came to visit both Saturday and Sunday evenings. We didn't make it to Momma's as we were afraid of getting anyone else sick. We were looking forward to fishing with her. Heck, it's Texas, it may be warm enough to fish at Christmas.



Wes fed Morgan her very first baby food, "Bananas"

We went to watch the Permian vs Allen playoff game at Texas Stadium. I still didn't feel 100% but Wes had never been there and I didn't want him to miss it. Hunter said several times that he really had a good time even if permain lost. That made me happy to see him just enjoying family time. The boys were sweet and watched Maid of Honor with me and we all did lots of laundry. Wes helped Hunter put up the basketball goal so that Hunter can practice. We put up the Christmas tree too! Now we just need to decorate it.

Fixing the branches on the tree

Wes & Bear reassembeling the basketball goal

Nov 26, 2008 Taking a bath before Daddy gets home. First time she sat up on her own!!! Still learning how to crawl and sit...
Playing and sitting on the floor with Daddy... Playing with her hair while she eats...

1 comment:

Mommaloo said...

OMG - she has gotten so big. She looks like a totally different girl. She misses her Auntie B..I can feel it.