Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You Put Your Left Foot In You Put your Left Foot Out....


While I was putting Morgan's pajamas on last night she kept pulling out the opposite foot of what I was working on. I would stick her left foot in and try to hurry and get the right one in so she could be zipped up but she was too quick for me. As frustrating as it was, it made me smile at a memory of my Daddy trying to get my sister and I out of the tub. He would say put your leg up here so I can dry it off and I followed his directions, when it was all nice and dry he asked for the other leg...so I promptly put the dry leg back in the water and stuck the other up there to be dried. I clearly remember the bewildered look on his face and how at six years old I thought it was funny and giggled while playing our new game. That was a great moment.

Morgan has decided that sleep is no longer necessary. She will fall asleep while nursing and wake a few minutes after I lay her down in her crib. It doesn't help that my arthritic ankles make snapping noises as I try to sneak out of the room. Used to, I could lay her down still half asleep and she would sleep through the night. Lord, please help Morgan to feel better and get the rest she needs to grow and be healthy. Let your Grace wash over me and give me the patience I need to guide her through this stage....QUICKLY. She is so full of life and is so loved by all of us. Morgan, when you are older and have children of your own, I WILL REMIND YOU WHAT YOU PUT ME THROUGH. Then I will come over and help you because I believe that is what Mom's do and I love being a Mom.

No comments: