Monday, December 15, 2008

Dishing it out...

Money is tight for everyone right now so we made a few new traditions for this Christmas that hopefully we will carry on for years to come. Rather than exchange gifts with our friends, we will be exchanging ornaments. So far, the friends that normally buy us a gift love the idea! It is far less expensive and I am already looking forward to decorating the tree years from now and saying, "do you remember when the Smith family gave us this, it was the Morgan began to crawl" You get the idea. I am so excited!!! Hunter and Morgan in front of our tree...

Bubba has the magic touch!!!
I was inspired by so many other blogs and the crafty homemade gift ideas that I had a hard time staying focused in one direction. My MIL came to the rescue and came to town with her Cricut in tow so I could make my gifts! Yeee Hawww!!!! It was so cool!!! Not only did she share her toy but she was a HUGE help with Morgan. Hunter loved his Mema taking him to and from school in her cool lil Mini Cooper. I spent (wasted) almost a whole day with a migraine while she was here but she switched into Super Mom gear and kept everyone smiling. We just took it easy that day and spent much needed time just hanging out together at home. I am so glad she was able to come and spend time with us here. We really had a great time and hope that we are able to do this more often. Here are a few pictures of my project...
On list I made at the very beginning on my blogging I had included that I wanted to make candles. My younger Sister has been making them for five plus years and does a wonderful job. For one reason or another she has been unable to teach me the tricks of the trade so I was thrilled with Mommaloo told me she would teach me. Any time women get together to make something for their family is a good time for me. So one evening in November I spent several hours at Mommaloo's home learning how she makes candles. I still need to figure out how to make labels and tweak a few things to make them more "mine," but I am happy with my beginnings. They will make great gifts. Welcome to the humble beginnings of Scent by Grace Candles & Heather Nicole's Handmade Gifts.

2 comments:

Mommaloo said...

I am so glad that you were able to get those dishes made. Looks like you have been super busy.

Ruth said...

What a great idea for the dishes! Very cool!