Friday, December 12, 2008

My Baby is not a baby anymore....

Oh my! It has been a whole week since I blogged. How am I supposed to write about you and all your cuteness if you keep me so busy I can't finish a sentence??? I have a lot to catch up on...

Hunter had his first "dress up" dance at school last Friday, The Winter Formal, (which wasn't actually very formal at all). He asked two different girls to the dance and one accepted last minute. Hunter wanted to go all out but he was worried about our budget. After he went on line and got an idea of what he wanted, we went shopping and picked out ties and matching shirts, a belt and slacks. He borrowed a pair of Wes's size 13 shoes (doubled his socks and they fit!). Then a fresh haircut and we are good to go right??? WRONG! We are sitting in the salon and he receives a text message and then another, and another, the second girl is now inquiring about his availability, ON THE DAY OF THE DANCE! He said, "Um Mom, I think we have a problem..." We??? I don't get to dance and wear cute clothes. He was honest and worked it out with her. We rushed to basketball practice, had the coach loosely assemble his tie, flew home, he showered (I hope) and when it was all said and done, he looked simply dashing. When I fixed his tie and I almost cried seeing just how grown up he looked. I said, "my Baby is growing up", he replied, "Momma, your Baby isn't a baby any more." He unknowingly broke my heart in two right then and there.

After the dance...
This week was such a busy week! Hunter had his first basketball game Saturday. They won, but it was a VERY close game. This is a sport he hasn't played since he was seven and he is worried he will let his team down. He came home after the game and when he finished his chores, practiced in the driveway for 4 1/2 hours!!! We will see on Saturday how much his hard work pays off. We are proud of him as long as he tries. Since Hunter made the All-Star Football team, we also have football practice twice a week. Whew, five practices and a game on top of Pre-Ap Homework is a big load!! Morgan and I are all over the place running him here and there and trying to get ready for Christmas. It is nice to be out and about. Morgan is improving with her crawling skills and is scooting every where. Let me tell you, she is in dependant and and honery as ever. She is gradually eating more and more baby food. It is so messy! I wear almost as much of it as she does. You have to give her a spoon of her own while you feed her. This week we tried sweet potatoes, pears, applesauce, and squash along with her cereal. Mema helped with feedings and even bought her a highchair for her Christmas present. Morgan watched her put it together and was so excited to get in. She seemed know that it was for her and lit up at the sight of her new chair.

1 comment:

Mommaloo said...

OH how i missed you! Hunter looks incredibly handsome and I just can't get over how big Ms. Morgan is getting. Really...need some time to see you guys.