Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Joystealers...

Are there people in your life who constantly steal your joy? There are in mine. In church we are told to separate ourselves from them. What do we do if we can't? What if we are related or joined in some other way and have no choice? What if they never hear a darn word you say so talking it out doesn't matter? I was trying to sleep but couldn't because I was too angry with SJ. I was laying there praying begging God to take the anger away and give me wisdom for the right words to say. Instead, I was reminded to be thankful. So here I am, making a Thankful List to make me feel better and hopefully sleep a little before Little Miss Thang wakes up bright and early to eat AGAIN.

  • I Am Thankful For God's grace and forgiveness
  • My wonderfully patient & handsome husband, Wes
  • My son, he is the best son I could have ever imagined
  • My daughter, she lights up all of our days
  • That my parents are alive and my children know them
  • Family-the good, the bad, and the ugly
  • My home
  • The abundance of food that we are blessed with
  • Red, our dog & Speedy Fred, our turtle
  • The clothes in my closet (even if they are way too small now)
  • America
  • The men and women that fight for our freedom
  • That I am healthy that my children are safe and healthy
  • For sunshine
  • For quiet moments at 2:30 am when no one is awake but me and I can think clearly again
  • My friends old and new
  • That gas prices went down
  • For the smell of fall
  • That I can see and read
  • That I am finally getting started on making candles (it only took me what.... 4 years?)
  • That I am surrounded by God's "artwork" everyday


When I logged on I found http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/2008/10/thankful-month.html and was even more inspired and blessed. Thank you!



A few updates: Hunter broke his finger in a scrimmage and had to have a hard cast put on so that the chipped piece could reattach itself. He was/is still able to play in the playoffs. The Coach has to wrap and pad though. We made it another week in the playoffs and Hunter was chosen to play on an all star football team. He is such a trooper. We are very proud of him.



Wes is still working in Pueblo. We miss him and can't wait until we are all together again. We have no idea where God wants us but we pray about it together as a family daily. We all know we just want to be together as a family as soon as possible.



Miss Morgan is babbling up a storm. She doesn't much care for cereal when I try to feed her. She does better for Wes and Hunter. She must know I have the good stuff. She is still trying to crawl. Her rear is up and rocking and she does get all over the place. She sticks her hands to the wood floor like suction cups and slides to her desired spot (normally under the coffee table). She smiles all the time and melts Hunter's heart. I am constantly saying, "Leave your sister alone and do your homework!" He is so in love with her. Again, my heart is happy and I am so proud.




No comments: