Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You may now unfasten you seatbelts...

Morgan and I made it safe and sound to Colorado! We were both so happy to see Wes and good golly was he a handsome sight for sore eyes. The only thing that would make this better would be Hunter coming with us. I am sure he will have a great time in Florida though.

I am so grateful to Celeste and her kids for taking us all to the airport and making our adventure so much more fun! I am so blessed to have a worry free week knowing our friends are taking care of our home and pets. Thank you to Deidra and her family too!

Morgan did better than I expected on the flight here. There were lots of screaming babies but she wasn't one of them. She was too entertained my flipping the lap tray up and down and laughing at the little girl sitting behind us. I packed WAY to heavy and was the annoying person boarding the plane bumping everyone along the way with my bags saying, "oops sorry, I am so sorry, oh excuse me" How embarrassing!!! Maybe I should mail some of my stuff home or just pay to check more bags??? I just think that $15 for the 1st bag and $25 for each following is skyway robbery!


Pueblo West isn't much different in the spring as the summer. Cool nights, lots of wind, and warm days. At least it isn't as hot as it was during the summer. It reached 104 during our visit and made living in the RV a lot like living in a toaster oven. The mountain views around us are still beautiful. You can see snow on the far off peaks.
We enjoyed being lazy with Wes on Sunday. It was his only day off while we are here visiting so no sight seeing for us this trip. Monday we went for a walk in the park to wait for him to get off work and meet us at softball practice...you would think that I could get away from ball practice and game schedules just for a week during vacation....no such luck with my family. I have added a lap to our walk each day. Today my walk will be two full miles. The pond is still full of life and entertains us while we walk. Morgan sits up and watches all the geese and ducks chase each other across the water.

Being here and being able to watch Morgan and Wes interact and play has been so good for me. He taught her to nod her head "yes" last night. He thinks it is so funny when she doesn't want me to do something and tell me "no, no, no, no mamamama!" Hilarious I tell you. At meal times we have notices that she first picks up or pinches off a piece of her food and hold it in her left hand while she shovels the rest in her mouth with her right hand....like she is saving it for later.

The pictures are of the pond we walk at, the RV and area we stay in, and of Wes and Morgan playing. She sure is a Daddy's Girl! I have more but have to go clean up before she wakes from her nap. Hunter if you are reading this I miss you terribly and hope you are having a blast!

2 comments:

Life with boys... said...

way to go on the walking girly! So proud of you. Hope you are thoroughly enjoying hubby and CO.

Leslie said...

So happy for you that you get to be with you hubby! And that Morgan is a little cutie!