Sunday, March 22, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Well we all made it back safe and sound from our Spring Break vacations. Morgan did great on the plane coming home and made everyone around us laugh at her "knee surfing". When there was strong crosswinds or turbulence, she would stand on my knees with her arms out like a surfer bouncing all over the place while laughing and squealing with this look that said, "what a great ride Mommy!"

I think I miss Wes more now than I did before I got there to see him. It was so wonderful watching him play with Morgan and seeing her just light up when he smiled at her. It is hard watching the man you love be so tired from working so hard to give you security. It was so easy for me to selfishly get my feelings hurt when he fell asleep before the movie was over or when he promised to play cards with me. I read my devotional and realized I needed to change my attitude. God would not be pleased at how I was behaving towards my husband and realized that all it would take was some venting and a few ugly critical words to blow everything I hold so dear out of reach. Wesley, I am so amazed by you. Yes, like all marriages, there are times you frustrate or irritate me, but you are wonderful man and I am so honored to be your wife and the mother of your children. If I haven't told you enough, thank you and I fall in love with you more every day.
Being on a budget, I just stayed in the 28 foot toaster oven, I mean RV most of the time in Colorado with the exception of our daily walk at the pond and going to Wes's softball practice and game. Who'd a thought it (yes I said it that way) that a RV could be so DANGEROUS for a toddling baby. Morgan was bent on scaring me to death. She snuck up to the bed to hide from me while she ate a cookie and then "threw" herself down the stairs (all 3 of them) backwards hitting the back of her head and face. I was only a few feet from her but I stepped in her car seat and tripped and fell onto the floor right on top of her screaming the whole way down. I should have just yelled "TIMBER"! Of course it all happened in slow motion to me and all I could think about was the actress who just hit her head and died skiing and OMG my baby just hit her head, with a mouth full of cookie none the less!!! THEN she stood up on the couch (I had it folded out into a bed) and took a nose dive, on purpose, landing flat on her face... I saw her do it...from the bathroom, while I was being sick if you know what I mean. THEN she crawled over the wall and would have flopped all the way over...but I did catch her that time. Needless to say I cried a lot, checked her over and over for bumps, dents, bruises, changes, broken bones, wouldn't let her nap for fear of a concussion, and told myself I was a horrible mother for not holding her safely in my arms the entire time I was there. THEN she tried to attack Wes and jumped on him while he was laying face down on the bed...(apparently he is bouncy...I never noticed before) the first time she landed on her head, feet sticking up in the air out of the laundry basket he panicked and I yelled at him...the second time she landed safely on her back in the laundry basket...AND LAUGHED!!!! Hunter was not like this. He was cautious and examined EVERYTHING before acting. Morgan is a DAREDEVIL! I am doomed to a life of grimacing when I hear "hey Ma, watch this, no hands"! I know I was a good kid growing up so I blame this on Wes. I am suffering because he is getting paid back for being such a rotten child I just know it! What luck! I am so glad to be home...with flat, level floors.

1 comment:

Wes said...

Thank you baby! I love you with all my heart! 'i miss you very much!