Thursday, April 2, 2009

Clearing the air....

Wes and I both quit smoking two years ago today (at 4pm on the way to the airport to be exact!). I don't recall Wes ever struggling with it & I don't allow myself to voice it often, but it is still one of the hardest things I have ever done. I smoked exactly a pack a day for twelve years almost to the minute starting with my drive to work as soon as I dropped Hunter off at school. I haven't touched a cigarette at all since that day. It was a horrible time to quit too...three weeks before my wedding! What was I thinking? I need to get on my knees and thank God that Wes still wanted to marry me after three weeks without a cigarette. For those of you who smoke or have quit, I understand. For those of you who have never been addicted to those evil things, I hope you never go through something that hard. Never ever judge or criticize...it only makes a smoker go for another cigarette when ya do. Wes's Momma was wonderful about it. She didn't want me to smoke, but being an ex-smoker herself, she understood and was kind about it. Now here I am two years later and I don't want to even be near someone smoking. I guess I am afraid I may want one...and then there is the horrible smell. Ironically, being around smoke gives me a headache now. The weight gain alone is enough to make a gal start back up. However, I figure I can lose the weight a heck of a lot easier than I can replace a lung. There are times I completely come unwound and can't figure what is wrong and realize, ahhhhh this is when I would have stepped out for cigarette....what do I do now? I loved my little breaks. I would dead head the flowers on the porch, sweep the drive way, water the lawn, talk on the phone and watch the sun set from my porch all while smoking away. With that said, when I am cranky and you are thinking Geeeezzzzzz! please know that I did this for you & your Daddy, because I love you more than words can express. I have had to watch my Dad's struggle with related health issues and don't want to put my family through the hurt of watching me go through the same thing. I want to be healthy as long as possible so that I can run around and play with you, your children, and maybe even my great-grandchildren. You are worth you. I am worth it. I love you!Speaking of airing it out....here are a few shots of Morgan airing her business on the way to the tub after turning cookie monster. Her bum was a little red so we were letting her get some fresh air and she loves it! Yes, she is actually drinking her bath water. It is her new thing. She will fill up the colander (she thinks it is a bowl) and bend over and drink right out of the tub. As usual, she is a HOT MESS!
Here is Hunter showing off his guns after he fixed the busted kitchen pipe that I couldn't get to budge. He was so determined and patient with it. There are so many times I want to wring his ever lovin' teenage neck and then he turns around and amazes me. Hunter, you were definitely my hero today! Thank you for a job very well done. YOU ROCK!!!!

No comments: