Friday, April 17, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Everyday this week while I watered my plants, I wished it would rain. I have always loved rainy days. A good rain can wash away a lot of things and makes the world look clean and new again. Thank you Lord for the rain. We needed it so badly. My heart breaks for other the families that lose sleep at night afraid that a drought induced fire will burn their homes and ranches. I feel more at peace today knowing my parents can rest a little tonight not having to worry about the dry conditions. I am going to enjoy this wet weekend resting with my family and praying for Wes to hurry home safe and sound. Maybe I see just how many songs about rain I can find for us to listen to...
Morgan and I had a great time playing on the porch while it stormed this morning. This was her first puddle to play in. Correction...this was the first puddle she didn't create to play in. She ended up really dirty and wet but it was so worth it watching her try to catch the rain drops with out stepping on the grass...that is still uncharted territory...for now anyway.

No comments: