Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter...take two

I had this really long blog typed up and somehow lost it all. It talked about how much I miss Wes, especially on holidays. It talked about how Hunter thought he was too big for an egg hunt...and how his eyes still lit up when he was searching for his eggs. I even talked about Morgan not being quite big enough to join the hunt and our visit with Grammy. Of everything I typed and lost, the most important was the part about how God gave his only son, allowed him to die on the cross to save us, so that we may be forgiven and know Him...and how glad I am to know Him.
Hunter called me in his room this afternoon to listen to a few songs I had downloaded to his iPod. It was Meredith Andrews 'Your not Alone' and 'Draw me Nearer'. Both are beautiful songs, but what surprised me was Hunter how the words seemed to touch his heart. He was almost in tears. We talked about how he felt about the songs and then prayed together on our knees with Morgan crawling all over us. We prayed for forgiveness, for peace, for better attitudes, direction, and thanked God for our new beginnings. I love him so much!
Random and weird but my other post showed up somewhere else and I was able to cut and paste it here....I have a hard time dealing with holidays and special days when Wes isn't here to share them with us. I pray that this is the last year we have to spend a holiday apart. I also pray that he knows how much he was missed today and how much we appreciate him. I was so happy to have Hunter here for Easter this year. It seems he is always in Houston during this weekend spending time with his family there. He said he didn't need eggs and a basket this year...you should have seen his eyes light up when he was searching for eggs in the living room and going through his basket to look at the goodies. Morgan isn't quite old enough to share in the hunt so we just laid her basket out in front of her to play with the plastic eggs. We had lunch and then headed out to Momma's to visit for a bit. The best part of my whole day was praying with Hunter after he stumbled on a song I had downloaded to his play list. The words apparently touched his heart. He is such a beautiful son. I love him so much that I can't even imagine the anguish God must have felt when his son chose to die for our sins. I don't think I could have done it, not even to save the whole world. His blood and life for our forgiveness means even more to me now that I have children. Thank you God for allowing your beautiful son to sacrifice his life for us so that we may know you and be forgiven. I am so very far from the mother, wife, friend, and witness I need to be. Please help me to get there. I know that without you...I can't get there from here.

No comments: