Sunday, January 4, 2009

Up up and away....

Once again, I had to watch my very best friend walk through security at the airport to board a plane and fly far far away from me, our children, and the safety of our home. It is so hard to say goodbye or even see ya later. We have a cycle we go through...we fight a little, then we make up, then we ignore each other and get busy around the house pretending that it is a normal day, and then we pout a little while making jokes and trying to lift each other up, and finally when he is leaving we talk about how blessed we are that he has this job that supports our family. Tonight I told my husband that while he could be a pain (not the actual word I used), that he makes my whole world better and then I waved at him until I couldn't see him anymore and then I cried all the way the the truck. Just when I was about to say I can't do this, I heard a little voice in me say, "yes you can, you will because you have too and you are blessed." Thank you God for my reminder. Wes landed safely, called and told me he loved me, and made it to work to start his week. Those of you who are home with your spouses tonight need to hug them and tell them you love them an extra time for us.

No comments: