Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crab & Shrimp Quiche


I needed ways to add more protein iron and veggies so this was my inventive Monday night dinner. I also made homemade broccoli cheese soup. I don't normally care for eggs but I love quiche. You can add anything to it and it is still delicious! Next week I will make one with diced ham & spinach and who knows what.

Crab & Shrimp Quiche

1 Pillsbury pie crust
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mayo
1 package of crab flakes and shrimp
1/2 cup mayo
2 cups fresh chopped broccoli & carrots (I threw mine into food processor for just a sec to save time and hide the carrots from Hunter)
chopped onion to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1-1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese (Swiss would have been better but I used cheddar blend)

Preheat oven to 400

Press pie crust into pie plate

Beat milk, egg, and mayo until well blended, stir in meat, cheese, and veggies. Mix well.
Pour into pie crust and bake 30-40 min until knife comes out clean...Yummy!

Did you know there are hundreds of ways to make quiche? Any other favorites out there?

No comments: