Friday, January 9, 2009

All My Heart...

11 For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me WHEN YOU SEEK ME WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART. 14 I will be found by you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

This are some of my very favorite verses in the Bible. I have pointed out to Wes several times in the past that I think I am failing in the area where He says "with all of your heart." So many can quote verses 11-12 easily but stop there. Why is that? Do we just want to hear that He is listening and nothing else matters? I want to seek God with all my heart. So many excuses, words, memories, and thoughtless actions/reactions jump in there and get in the way for me. I am not perfect. If I we were Jesus would not have had to die for our sins. However, I truly want to honor God and seek him with all my heart. I am going to continue to pray about this. I am going to spend more quiet time talking to God and less watching TV. I am going to guard my words and actions. My children are watching and there are so many little things I regret doing. It is my job to teach them to love God. How can I tell them to love God when my actions are not Godly?
Lord, please help me to be a better example for my children and all those that I meet. Please let your forgiveness and love shine through me with out a spoken word needed. Help me to find supportive, uplifting, positive, like minded friends. Help me to make a positive difference in the lives of those I love and those who may not yet know you. I know your tugging at my heart. I feel you Lord and I am honored and scared all at the same time. Help me to read your word and understand it.
Thank you again for all of my beautiful blessings.

No comments: