Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yummy for My Tummy Tuesday!

Heather's Meat Loaf Supreme
By Heather Scott
Description:
I use drained diced tomatoes instead of sauce. I also add a cup or so of Italian bread crumbs.
Ingredients:
2 lbs. hamburger
1 lb. sausage
1 (6 1/4 oz.) box Stove Top stuffing mix
2 (4 oz.) cans tomato sauce (I used I 16 oz can diced and drained)
3 eggs
1/4 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
salt, pepper, & Lowery's to taste

Directions:
Combine dry stuffing mix and contents of seasoning packet
with hamburger, sausage, eggs, tomato sauce, celery, onion
and green pepper. Place in 9"x13" baking pan or divide into
2 or 3 loaves. (Part of recipe can be wrapped and frozen for
later cooking.) Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15
minutes or until done. I take mine out about 20 minutes early and spread a mixture of ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar (all stirred together) on top and replace in oven to set.

Meatloaf is another favorite of mine and especially of Wes and Hunter. I make it a little different each time. Sometimes I use yellow onion but normally purple. I use red, yellow, orange, and/or green bell pepper, sometimes a little green onion. Whatever sounds good at the moment. It is always good and just taste like home. Mixing the ooey gooey mix takes me back tot he days of mud pies and dragon flies. I usually make a huge batch and freeze a few for later or for friends and neighbors. I use the disposable loaf pans, fill, cover with foil, and stick it in a ziplock freezer bag. I try to always mark the date so that it doesn't get lost in the deep freezer for too long.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! I can't wait to get home to get some of your cooking!