Thursday, January 22, 2009

To blog or not to blog...


Hmmmm. Should I write or go to bed and rest. I need both! Oh how I long for the days when Morgan took two hour naps, when I could sit here and IM my friends and blog about my random thoughts, prayers and ideas. Morgan is a blast but she can be quite demanding of my time. Did I say quite? Let me rephrase that EXTREMELY demanding. I had to stop and remind myself just this week that she is only a baby once. When the day of drooling, gassy teething fits seems like it will never end, I need to remember that it goes by way to fast. I had a rough beginning to my week. My sweet baby girl was being anything but sweet. I am guilty of letting the everyday worries weigh me down more than need be. This week I made that dreaded choice to look at the big picture and what a mess it seemed. My reaction was much like Morgans in the above picture. This is not cool for a gal like me that likes to have order in all things home and family. I love to be spontaneous and go on adventures...outside of my home. Home, where the four of us come together to live, this is my safe haven, my nest, that place we all come and know that we are blessed and loved. Wes's job will be ending soon and we have no idea where he will work next. I don't just mean, what company, I mean what state will he move to! For us at home this is hard, and even though he doesn't say it, for Wes I think it is harder. Like most we worry about income, bills, insurance, health, family...all the normal things that families all over America stress over. Add to that not knowing if he can find work that pays well enough in Texas, we need to be together as a family, should we move to where Wes is (???) in order to be together, how long will that job last, Hunter needing a good school and sports program, Morgan needing to know her Grandparents, my Dad's health, the ex, leaving our friends and family, our home being totally unorganized, feeling under appreciated, hormones, everyone trying to put their two cents in, trying to loose weight, the guilt of the cookies I baked and then ate, feeling cooped up because it was cold outside, missing Wes like crazy....well you can only imagine that well, I WAS A HOT MESS!!! I got a little blue, vented like crazy, and then was totally blessed with a man that loved me right through my "moment", a baby that has been all smiles for the past few days, a son that knows just when I really need a hug, those that walk with me and build me up, and great friends that really do pray for us and believe in us as a family and the one who reminded me to sing and praise God. Audrey, you have no idea how much you enrich my life by being so positive and reminding me to always look to God's word. Sharing so many verses that change my heart as I read them. Thank you so much my dear friend! Thank you most of all for reminding me to miss Wes without putting any additional burden on him. I needed to hear that.

2 comments:

Mommaloo said...

first of all - I ABSOLUTELY love that picture. She cracks me up.

Second - Hang in there. Remember that it will work out, maybe not the way you want it to work out, but it will work out one way or another. There is a plan for you and your family, you just have to hang on until that plan is revealed.

I love you.

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Heather! Great blog. Welcome to MBC!