Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A day with my Mom...

I normally spend all day playing with and cooing with Morgan wishing that someone else were here to see all the adorable things she does. So I invited my mom to visit and she came to see Morgan and I today. We had a great time. No worries, no schedule, no rushing, and no make-up! On top of that, she arrived with goodies. I had mentioned I was out of shower gel and face lotion so she more than replenished my cabinets with samples and products she decided weren't right for her. We had a delicious lunch at Babe's in Old Town Burleson and got great craft and decoration ideas at some of the local antique shops. Mom even bought me a little turquoise terra cotta bird and a candle. They are so cute! Afterwards we came back and rearranged Morgan's nursery until Hunter got out of school. Once we had moved her stuff all around the room looked a lot better. We rewarded ourselves with a pedicure and fajita dinner for all of us! Morgan was adorable and babbled on and on for Mom. She seemed to enjoy drooling on Mom's shoulder while she rocked her. Watching her I vividly remembered her rocking Hunter the same way on my porch in Charleston. What a pleasant memory and what a great day!!!

1. Things to focus on -God's direction for us as a family.
2. Some of the things I want to make-signs, crosses, Hunter's jersey quilt, start scrapbooking, learn more about photography & photo shop programs, jewlrey and so many more things!!!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I am so glad you have a blog! I added it to my list! I love re-connecting through blog-land!

Those Crazy Scotts said...

This is new for me but I am having fun and getting great ideas from other women who love being a wife and mother. I am fighting the "my husband is working out of state, I am still hormonal from having a baby, and OMG my son is a rude teenager blues" and this has let me vent in a good healthy way. Your Blog is adorable too!