Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tiny toes and jammed fingers...

What a week! I have been busy cleaning, sorting, rearranging, and just taking care of my children and home. We spent the weekend glued tot he TV watching Hurricane Ike destroy places we loved and praying for everyone we know on the coast. Hunter mowed, I re potted several plants, we painted patio furniture, Morgan's stars, cleaned out the garage, and his closet. On top of that, Hunter has football 5 nights a week and it is just exhausting me. Yesterday, I thought I would just drop him off and come home with Morgan to cook dinner so Hunter didn't have to eat terribly late. So there I was, happy to be cooking not one, but two meals (I was trying to plan ahead) and I get a THE call. You know the one you dread..."Hunter is taking quite a beating today, you might want to head up here, he just dislocated his fingers!" Like any other Mom I thought OMG my baby is hurt and I wanted to cry, but I can't because Morgan would cry and it would embarrass Hunter if I showed up with tears. So what did I do? I put on my Mommy face, grabbed the ice pack, a splint, a towel, the baby and headed out the door. Luckily they had reset them before I got there. Turns out he really did take a beating and that was his third injury in just an hours or so. He was okay and life was good again.

Morgan is is the move. She is scooting herself on the floor and in her crib...on her face! It is funny and sad all at the same time. She has found so many new things to amuse her this week. She loves to hold her toes, specifically her left big toe. She constantly has the leg in the air looking for it or holding it. She is also making all new noises. It is adorable. Hunter is convinced she is saying hi over and over. She will mimic sounds and pitches we make during her talking sessions. She also talks to herself in the mirror when we are driving. Hunter and I just parked and listened to her the other day with big grins across our faces and hearts.
As for the rest of my week, I need to finish the house for Hunter's birthday cookout this Saturday. Wes is flying in to surprise him. I can't believe my baby is going to be twelve...I am old and today I feel it!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hunter is a good looking kid!