Friday, September 26, 2008

Things to Remember

Thursday Morgan woke from an afternoon nap in her swing and cried helplessly wanting me to take her out. As I turned off the swing and opened the tray, she actually reached up for me! I was absolutely thrilled. Both chubby little hands lifted up for me to scoop her up and hug her. She has leaned toward Wes when she wanted him but never actually reached for anything on purpose. Friday night she actually got a little traction on her toes and had her bottom in the air scooting across her play mat. I love being here to see her discover everything her little body can do. I still giggle to myself and laugh with Mom about how her left hand seemed to have a mind of its own and would pull her right hand from her mouth, thus removing the thumb. She would be so mad looking around to see which of us did this to her. She would be screaming and there Wes was laughing until tears fell. Now her hands have apparently agreed to a peace treaty and she uses the left one to hold the other while sucking her thumb. I know I shouldn't, but I wish it were something she did every day so that I could get a better picture of it.
All the time Hunter does or says something funny or heart melting and I think, "Oh I could never forget this moment!" Well, apparently my mind can only hold so much (my heart is much bigger than my brain!) I want to write them here as I recall them so that I never forget and so that I can tease him later for being so darn cute.

Stars- When Hunter was four to six years old he would always look at at the night sky, see the lights of a plane and say "Mwommie, look at the star!" I would explain it was a plane and go on. So one night we walked out to see a beautiful sky full of stars and he declared, Mwommie look at all the planes!!!" I was smiling so big I had to scoop him up and hug him to keep from laughing and crying at the same time. I almost hated to tell him they were stars twinkling at him. We sang Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star the whole way home.
God made Texas-When he was four, his Dad and I took him on a trip to Ft. Davis to see Grandparents. He slept most of the way. At some point further west, he woke up, stretched his little arms up and saw what he considered desert and announced, "Look Mwommie, this is what it was before God made it Texas!" Here is a picture of us from that weekend.Well, I am exhaused, and need to go to bed. This is a post I will definitly be adding to though.



No comments: