Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is finally here!!!


I love fall!!! I love when the seasons change and the warm earth tones come out all around me. When squash, zucchini, and pumpkins are everywhere at the store and farmer's markets. Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved collecting the beautiful gold, burnt orange, and red colored leaves. I love the smell of the air when it just barely starts to cool down. I love the way your face feels when you run around and play in the crisp fall air and your face feels warmed by your now flush cheeks. That is what makes raking leaves fun. There is nothing like a good old fashioned leaf fight or the fun we had raking them into piles just to jump in them. I am going to miss that this year. We don't have any trees big enough to need a rake in this house. Maybe when we buy a home of our own we will have some well established trees to give us shade in the summer and leaves to rake in the fall. In our old house I had hung the hammock between two big trees. I would lay there and watch the sun glow behind the leaves while the pretty butterflies danced around above me. It was magical. It made me miss the days of running around as a kid catching things like lightning bugs in a jar just to watch them closer. Football season is here and I am so excited to watch Hunter play each year knowing that it is finally about to cool down a little. Dear God, let it cool soon.









2 comments:

Mommaloo said...

Next time Wes is in town, you should let me take a family pic of the 4 of you...

Those Crazy Scotts said...

That would be so wonderful. Thanks for offering.