Saturday, September 6, 2008

Home alone


You would think that after a full day of go go go I would enjoy being home alone with a sleeping baby tonight but I miss my family! I want my husband here to hold me and talk to me. I want to know my son is safely in the other room where I can bother him whenever I wish. I know how he just loves that! It was a normal hot Texas September day and Morgan was so hot and tired I stripped her to her diaper right in the middle of Hunter's scrimmage. We went from ten o'clock football pictures, to a long scrimmage, to lunch, back home to change, and then to a team swim party at his coaches home, and I returned home at nearly ten tonight. That is a lot of running around for a baby (and a Mommy). She handled it with more smiles than I did! Now she is sound asleep in her crib. It is an odd feeling having strangers compliment her all day, but one that makes you so proud. Speaking of proud, Hunter impressed me today. His attitude in football has been terrible the past few days. He was just putting so much pressure on himself to be the best and then lashing out. I talked to him several times about this in the past and told him he needed to soak in a warm tub with Epsom's salt and think about the example he sets for the smaller kids. He did and went to his scrimmage today and apologized to the whole team. I didn't hear it but he told them that his knows his reaction is just as important as his actions. That's my boy!!!

No comments: