Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Elephant in the Room...

I need to address the elephant in my kitchen...my bread maker. I wanted one so badly. When I worked in an office, my friend Charlotte always made homemade bread and brought it in to share. I was in heaven! It was warm, fresh, and delicious. I left that job the during my pregnancy, but Charlotte made sure to give me my Christmas present first...a brand new bread machine! I came straight home and opened it and then realized, much to my dismay, the instructions were long. Who knew!? It was so long that it scared me and I have never used the darn thing. I want to. I really do. I dream of yummy smelling bread drawing my sons attention into the kitchen and my husband telling me how great it is. So today's goal is to make bread in it before Sunday dinner. I will let you know how it goes. Any suggestions?
I have been making glass bead word art. It started as a magnet project that I saw in another blog and became something else. I found square and oval glass beads to go along with the small and large circles. I think I will use them to make frames and such rather than just magnets. Hunter made some for himself tonight. He said I need to buy more masculine paper. He is so darn cute. Very easy to make.
Supplies:
clear glass beads (the clearer the better)
scrap book paper
words (I used stickers and printed meaningful words in small font on computer)
glue that will dry clear
magnets or frames
circle hole punch (I am too cheap and just trimmed around glass bead with scissors)
Cut paper small enough to cover the back of the glass bead. Select words and adhere to paper circle. Glue to back of glass bead. I smeared in a circle to be sure all of paper circle was glued to the bead. Let dry. This can be the boring part. Make a glass of ice tea and relax for a while or check your e-mail. Glue magnet to back of bead or glue bead to frame. Wallah! Easy breezy.
On totally different note. Baby girl is sick. This morning her little eyes were matted shut with gunk worse than before. She looked like a baby mole struggling to open them. It was so sad. She also took way longer naps than normal. Hunter was really worried about her this morning and when he got home from school said, "It really freaked me out!" He truly loves his baby sister. I told him not to worry, I am taking her to the doctor tomorrow. She has also decided that she wants to sleep on her tummy with her rear in the air and her face smashed against anything that could possible suffocate her. It scares me to death. I am like a zombie now because I go in her room over and over all night checking on her. I am very aware that babies have slept on their tummy for hundreds of years and lived. Everywhere I turn I see the signs in the doctors office, literature, my Mommy web sites, books, the news all saying that babies are safer and less likely to die of SIDS if they sleep on their backs. Morgan is stubborn and doesn't care. I go in her room and roll her to her back and before I make it out the door she is rolling over to her tummy and pushing her hiney as high as she can get it.
Hunter's little girlfriend told him she just wants to be friends. He is heartbroken. He really liked her. While it is sad for him I had to laugh when he told me, "she hugged me! The first and only time she hugged me was while she was breaking up with me!" I find it interesting that she broke up with him just days after he came home and confessed that he just doesn't know to talk to girls. He is always so full of himself I was surprised to hear him admit that. I liked her. She wasn't needy, didn't call him, never caused drama, and was sweet with out being a diva. Plus she distracted him from "THE MEAN GIRLS." That is a whole 'nother blog in it's own.


2 comments:

Mommaloo said...

Holy Moly..you have been busy with those magnet glass bead thingies...

Ruth said...

I have made those magnets, too! Love it! The elephant in my room is my sewing machine. I begged for one for YEARS, and have only used it once. It makes my armpits sweat to even think about using it! I just don't know how!!