Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lord, Please help me to be more humble...


I want so much to be a more humble servant. I want to have less desire for possessions and so much more love. I want to give without worrying about what I will get in return. I want to share, smiles, laughter, love, patience, understanding, wisdom, nourishment, and peace. Lord, please touch my heart daily and remind me to be more like the sparrow that does not worry and knows that YOU will ALWAYS provide. Thank you God for all of my many blessings. Let me see them in my heart before I worry about something monetary of this world. Also, thank you God for napping babies and pretty white pumpkins.

I was so tickled with Hunter's prayer this morning. He was thanking God for all of our blessings. He began with, " thank you for Morgan, thank you for bringing Wes into our lives, thank you for his job, thank you for the food and shelter that he gives us...that You give us...that he gives us...Lord thank you for everything." He sat there a little puzzled at his own prayer, not knowing who to thank for the food. Was it God, or Wes for working so hard at the job that God blessed us with. I am sure I grinned and then said, "sometimes it's hard to decide which came first the chicken or the egg huh?" He smiled, gave me my morning kisses, and off he went.

No comments: