Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Finding Myself, One Day at a Time

I have found the love of my life. I have found my way to having two of the most beautiful children I have ever set my eyes on, and still, I just haven't found myself...yet. I am not complaining though. I am glad each day is an adventure. Although, I am not sure that those around me are so happy about it on my adventurous blue days. I am thankful that there are some really important things about myself that I do know for sure. I know that I love God. I know with all my heart that he created this beautiful place for us to live and share with our friends and families. I know that I love my husband and that he is the man God wanted me to grow old with. I know that it is my job as a Mother to unconditionally love my children. To teach them to love God, the difference between right and wrong, not to lie, to be good people, to be humble, to give everything that is important 110% effort, and how to forgive. As a parent, I am not perfect, none of us are, so forgiveness is especially important in this area. When you are grown and you read this, please forgive me for whatever it is that you are holding against me and remember that I love you with all my heart. There is so much more to all I know about myself, but I am afraid of always rambling on..which is yet another thing I do know about myself. I hope that everyday I take the time to open the box and learn something new about myself, or something new, no matter how scary it is.
Some of the things on my mind I want to learn or do:
1. How to sew...yes Mommaloo, I opened the box. Note to manufactures, these things should come packaged with the tread already attached.
2. Make quite time everyday with God and for myself. Psalm 46:10 BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD
3. How to stop worrying about everyone else and what they think. I am a good person, wife, mother, daughter, and friend. If they don't see that, too bad for them. I have wasted so much time exhausting myself worrying about others opinions and now realize that the only ones that matter all sleep with in these walls. Kids, don't mistake this as an excuse to be rude or hateful. That it is not. Simply put, be true to yourself with no apologies.
4. To clear the clutter in my home and my heart. I need more time, energy, and motivation for the home, and God and my family for the other.

Today I am Thankful for:
You Hunter, for being the best mirror ever
Mom, I love my toenails!
Wes, for loving me when I don't know how to love myself
Mommaloo, for letting me vent and never judging
Morgan, for smiling at me and drifting off to a nap just when I needed it most.
That my parents (both sets) are alive and healthy
God, for all of the above
The garden tub that I will be soaking in tonight...gotta have my quiet time!

I have missed getting new pictures on here the past week so here are a few to catch us up

My Daddy just turned 69, Hunter 12, and Morgan 4 months

Morgan being funny at Hunter's game Saturday



No comments: