Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally Seeing Eye to Eye...

Sweet Baby Morgan loves her Daddy. She lets him know that in a few different, adorable, and very special ways. One of which is by gazing in his eyes and seriously studying his face. For a while now she would touch his face almost like a person without sight does when trying to mentally visualize a face. It is so sweet and heartwarming with one little problem...she wouldn't look at me that way. Not up close, no gazing at Momma unless she was eating. I was crushed, she loved him more. How silly you say...probably so, but my feelings none the less. She held him different when he held her. She always seems content and safe in his big strong arms (I should understand this, I feel the same way in his arms). She looked at me and just rooted around to eat...I was there for four things, to feed her, change her, play and sing to her. Yet, when I would try to get her to look me in the eye, she would jerk her head to the left, so I lean to the left and say, "look at Momma," she then jerks her head to the right, again, "look at Momma, right here in front of you." Nada. She was putting her foot down, she is officially a Daddy's girl. My Mom tells me that it is just because she thinks of me as an extension of herself, like her hand foot, always there when she looks for it (except she spent a lot of time looking at and studying those too). Morgan and I have bonded in our own little ways, we talk and talk to each other, my voice soothes her faster than any other, she wants me and not a bottle or pacifier, and I know how to calm her by holding her against me and changing my own breathing and heartbeat. I honestly don't mind her being a Daddy's girl. I mean, what little girl isn't right? Well, I am very happy to share pictures from a moment where she finally gazed into my face and loved on me a little. She has been giving kisses, holding her face to mine, reaching for me, kicking happily when I walk up, holding my face in her hands and smiling as if to say, "Awww Momma, I always loved you too!" We celebrated her turning five months old today by feeding Baby Girl her very first serving of rice cereal. She did great and ate as much as she wore! She did bore of it easily but has so far slept through the night. Yee Haw!

1 comment:

Mommaloo said...

i need a garden full of those flowers.

She is beautiful!