Saturday, October 4, 2008

It has been a busy week as usual. It is so funny that all day long I think, "oh, I have to put that in my blog!" and then totally forget. Speaking of, my 4 year old nephew saw me breast feeding Morgan on Thursday at Mom's house. He looked at her under my shirt and said, "Ummm YOUR SHIRT!" I tried to explain that God made babies able to get their milk from their Mommies much the same as cows and horses (he would relate to that right?). So what his response you are wondering right??? Drum roll please...he looked at me and said, "but you have toes!" So apparently in his sweet, innocent little mind, it is not our brains or opposable thumbs that set us apart from other mammals...just the simple fact that we have toes. He is so cute!
More updates...
Hunter's team won their game tonight. They all did great. This is by far my favorite team and group of coaches we have had in this town so far. We have had a few great coaches, but never a whole group of them at once. What a blessing! Even our team parents are great.
Morgan is growing like a little blossom. She isn't shrieking as much but has lowered her pitch when talking (babbling). She has a blast at football practice and games as all of the Mommies pass her around and take turns holding her. While she does great with all the cheering and yelling at the games, I have noticed at home that she is responding more to loud sounds or me yelling at the dog to quit barking and will cry if I am holding her and call for Hunter to come in the room. It is such a sad face she makes with that cute bottom lip sticking out. She is a wiggle worm now and has her arms and legs kicking about all the time. She is also using both hands to touch things and hold her toys. We are getting ready to try rice cereal. Wes wants to be home for her first feeding so I will wait. He is afraid she has forgotten him...there is no way! She is a Daddy's Girl through and through.
As for me, I am totally thrilled with my new list of crafting ideas. If things go well I will eventually open an etsy store and maybe set up booth in one of the local shops. There are so many things I want to learn to do right now. I just don't know where to begin.
Things I am Thankful for Today:
Everyday my husband and beautiful healthy children
my friends, old and new
my family, no matter how nutty I think they are...we all think our families are nutty right?
my brand thing new...my sewing machine (THANK YOU B)
Walmart for being open 24hrs a day!





1 comment:

Mommaloo said...

Have you opened the box yet?