Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Giddy Up Cowgirl, He We Go...

Morgan had a blast in her horse bouncer today. So far it was the longest she played in it. She is sitting in her car seat now, waking from a nap, blowing raspberries and talking to herself. Like mother like daughter. We are starting cereal tomorrow on her five month birthday. We wanted to wait for Wes so that he could be here for her first feeding but she is no longer sleeping through the night. She woke at 1:00 am, 3:00 am, and 5:15 am last night and that just isn't healthy for any of us. She only eats for a few minutes and falls back to sleep. When I move her away from me she roots around looking for her "pacifier". As cute as it is, I need all the beauty sleep I can get. It is quite funny to see her watch me when I eat. She has seriously studied each bite of my meals lately. She totally gets how it works and is stealing little nibbles when I am eating something soft and gentle enough for her little tummy. She tries to drink from my water bottles and actually stole a sip of her Bubba's icee the other day. He must have taught her to drink from a straw while I was sleeping. Wes can do the first jar of veggies when she is ready.

As for me, I was blessed by a scripture I read this morning. Proverbs 31:10-31. It has been a long time since I read it. Mommaloo saw a website/blog and thought I might enjoy it. I don't think she realized how much it was just what I needed to read right now. I am going to focus for a while in my walk on the principals I borrowed from the web site.

The Seven Principles of the Proverbs 31 Woman

The Proverbs 31 Woman...

  • Pursues an ongoing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
  • Loves, honors, and greatly enriches the life of her husband, encouraging and supporting his leadership within his family and his church.
  • Nurtures the next generation, shaping and molding the children who will one day define who we are as a community and as a nation.
  • Creates a warm and loving environment for family and friends.
  • Is a faithful steward of the time and money God has entrusted to her.
  • Speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction as she encourages others and develops godly friendships.
  • Shares the love of Christ by extending her hands to help the poor and opening her arms to the needy.

You can read more about it by going to http://proverbs31.gospelcom.net/about/aboutP31.php

1 comment:

Mommaloo said...

It's definitely time for cereal...

That smile makes the day so much better.