Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tackle it Tueasday Became Way to go Wednesday

Once upon a time I was a Coordinator. I was great! One of the best. I dressed for work, professionally worked with higher up executives, and some sick part of me actually subconsciously enjoyed my annual review where I was told I did a good job. I loved the pace, the challenges, the interaction. I thought I had it all figured out, and we were blessed with Morgan, and my career path changed to one that landed me at home feeling, well, a little less than. Home is completely where my heart desires for me to be. I want to be the best Mommy and wife. I want my home to be welcoming to everyone who comes over to visit, my dinners to taste great, my children and husband to be happy and have a little peaceful comfort knowing that Mom is one the job. Now everyday I try to think of a fun home based business I could start or something I can do to help with our families income (ideas are welcome). So to feel important and needed I have been making to do list everywhere and having a blast scratching off each task. So now I have this innate need to have goals throughout my day. It is almost as if I am playing a game. Goal walk 3 miles-reward shower while baby naps. Goal sort bills-reward is the Diet Soda in the fridge. You get the idea. So far in the past 38hours I have, sorted a stack of old bills, shredded, payed bills, payed more bills,balanced the checkbook three times, gone to the post office, gone to the bank, payed more bills, got groceries, went to the pharmacy, picked up tags for truck, got truck inspected, oil changed, went to football practice, took Hunter to the mall, cooked dinner, done three loads of laundry, put away clutter in living room, added more clutter to living room, done dishes, toted Bear to school, fed, fed, fed baby girl, changed a bunch of diapers, fed some more and now I want to reward myself with a bubble bath (Oh an I cleaned the bathrooms). Unfortunately, it is simply too late so I will go mark sleep off my list and dream for a while...sweet dreams

2 comments:

Mommaloo said...

I am so jealous...i have NO time at all to get to anything on my to do list

Ruth said...

I know how you fel. I love, love, love getting things done and scrtaching them off! It feels so good!